Sunday, February 8, 2015

Blurry

When I take off my glasses:
lights turn into artistic, flickering splotches
people turn into indistinguishable outlines
words turn into monochrome lines
and the E looks like an F 
and the T looks like an I 
and the G looks like an O
and the W and the U and the V and the M all look the same
and hate looks like love

details blend into backgrounds, faces blend into crowds, colors blend into each other

then my mind is set free and I get to see whatever I want to see.
I get to be the architect, the artist, the creator.

When I take off my glasses, the world is a little blurry, but I'm not blind. 


3 comments:

  1. ive been watching that last gif for way too long now

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and hate looks like love.
    details blend into backgrounds, faces blend into crowds, colors blend into each other."

    oh oh oh I love this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I took a walk without contacts or glasses, just like your poem. "My mind is set free and I get to see whatever I want to"

    ReplyDelete