Saturday, February 7, 2015

a human experience

my dog was shaking for some reason
he was probably cold
but i always worry that he's going to die
i always worry that im going to die, too
he was laying on me while i watched tv
because procrastination is a better alternative than
                  homework
                         packing
                                making decisions
he thought he heard the doorbell
and he always freaks out when it rings
like i always freak out when
                  a cute girl talks to me
                          theres hair on the soap in the shower
                                  i get defensive
he shot off of me
and the front door never saw him coming
he scratched my stomach because
i dont clip his claws nearly enough
because there are "more important things to do"
                 go to work
                         socialize
                                watch tv
and he stopped shaking
but i started bleeding


6 comments:

  1. I loved how this was formulated. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this.
    The way you write is kind of different but in such a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how this post was just about your dog, but it wasn't really just about your dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "like i always freak out when
    a cute girl talks to me"

    You and me both, man. You and me both...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Structure: check.
    Humor: check.
    Heart: check.

    ReplyDelete