Saturday, April 11, 2015

It's All Downhill from Here



I never thought I would be this close when I was finger painting with chocolate pudding.
It seemed like this was taking forever when I was trying to memorize that poem.
'Graduation will never come' were my thought when I was writing my first research paper. 
Read this book.
Don't forget to analyze.
Did you finish your math homework?
I didn't understand it either.
Pacers.
Conjugations.
Memorize this.
Practice makes perfect.
There's a test next time. 
Word banks.
FRQ's.




What's your name?
I like you, do you like me?
Check YES or NO
Crushes.
Blushes. 
Drama.
Did you hear?
Can I have your number?
Prom?
Late nights.
Car rides.
Fast food.
Dancing.


Spring break of our senior year just ended. That marks 13 spring breaks. 
46 more days until we graduate. 
6 more weekends. 
If you didn't believe it before, you'd better start now. 
Because the end is coming pretty fast, but the beginning is coming a little faster. 
And I never thought this was actually going to happen. 
But I'm going on a mission and your going to college, and he's joining the military and she's getting married and high school is over and the rest of our lives are around the corner and my head is telling me that I'm ready but my heart is asking if I really am.

This is the grand finale. 
It's the denouement. 
The curtains are closing, the credits are rolling, and the clock is ticking down. 
And I've waited for this my whole life.
And I don't know about you, 







but I'm feeling 22. 


(that was getting too intense) 

9 comments:

  1. The most beautiful reminder I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm yes. To all of this. you always seem to be able to express perfectly what youre feeling and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I USED TO FINGERPAINT WITH CHOCOLATE PUDDING TOO but yeah. It's nuts how we're all growin' up. I like this post. I like how it's kinda made up of lists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Because the end is coming pretty fast, but the beginning is coming a little faster."
    This rocked my world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This gave me a panic attack.
    But your writing is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I panicked a little and I'm 35 and it starts all over again for me in August.

    ReplyDelete